Monday, September 06, 2010

No fix lamp shade!

This is a simple lamp shade ... the idea just occurred to me when  I looked at this basket from Ikea. Unfortunately I am not able to get its name.. but these used to come as a set of three nestled baskets.. I guess any light weight and little open weave basket would do for this..




I took a lamp base .. spray painted it in turquoise color.. I ripped of the old lamp shape and hence I got its support base.. fixed it back to the lamp base..

alternative text

Just kept the basket on top of the lamp shade support.


alternative text

and ta- da ...... here is the lamp shade...... I like the shades of light that the basket gives when lit in the dark!


alternative text

3 comments:

Rekha September 6, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

This is one cool idea, loved it!

Shivani Negi September 6, 2010 at 8:48 PM  

That was such a great and simple to do IDEA...oh loved it!!

Poonam September 8, 2010 at 12:05 AM  

Thats a nice one, very creative, loved it

Blogger Templates